alpha lipoic acid
Alpha-lipoic acid is an antioxident that is in many foods, and made naturally in our bodies. For many years, high doses of alpha-lipoic acid supplements have been used in parts of Europe for certain types of nerve damage. Studies suggest that they might also help with type 2 diabetes. Many foods contain alpha-lipoic acid in very low amounts. They include spinach, broccoli, yams, potatoes, yeast, tomatoes, brussels sprouts, carrots, beets, and rice bran. In addition to these foods, supplementing with alpha lipoic acid can greatly assist the body.
How does Alpha Lipoic Acid help the body?
- Antioxidant protection against free radicals that can damage cells, organs, and tissue
- Helps improve insulin sensitivity
- Promotes glucose metabolism, potentially lowering blood sugar levels
- Promotes cellular health and is well tolerated
- Studies show that alpha lipoic acid improves diabetic nerve damage symptoms