When I was in high school, I hated fish. It smelled. It was scaly. There were tiny little bones, hiding in the meat and waiting to sneak attack you when you least expected. Plus, the dead fish would stare as I walked through the meat aisle in the grocery store. Creepy.
At the time, I was one of a handful of students in advanced French class, and my teacher was a vitamin proponent and fish lover. She called fish “brain food,” and when I responded that, “J’en aime pas (I don’t like it),” she exclaimed, “Can’t you take fish oil, then!”
Naturally, she looked at my stunned expression and continued with her pitch. “Fish oil has many benefits! It can help keep your heart healthy, your skin hydrated and youthful, and it is supposed to help with memory! It can keep you sharp! Don’t you want to ace your exams?” she asked when she could tell she was getting nowhere fast with me.
Flash forward 15 years, and now here I am in the vitamin industry. To be perfectly honest, I have always been a little skeptical of anyone or anything claiming to be a cure-all or magic bullet. But, as I’ve gotten older, I have noticed that when I’m not eating well or dehydrated or even not exercising, my body does not perform the way it used to! The nerve…right? As an athlete, sub-par performance (injury, illness, general not feeling great) is unacceptable. I have one body through which to experience this great world – why not give it what it needs to help me see and do as much as I desire?
Two years ago, while training for my first full marathon, I decided it was time to actually take vitamins. Regularly. So, I did. What did I take and what did I notice? I decided to take a standard multivitamin, Vitamin D on the days I didn’t make it outside, a curcumin supplement and an omega-3 fish oil. And you know what? I noticed a decrease in inflammation (for me this came as a decrease in joint pain despite increased activity) and less dry skin! The next question then becomes, am I mentally sharper? Who knows, but with Alzheimer’s in my family, I feel a little fish oil can’t hurt!
So…what’s so great about Nature’s Edge® fish oil?
Glad you asked!
Our fish oil, called omega-gel®:
· has 400mg EPA and 200mg DHA. These two, crucial fatty acids support healthy heart and brain function AND have to be acquired through diet and supplementation. The human body does not actually produce these two fatty acids.
· is specially formulated for maximum benefit and is molecularly distilled and lab-tested to be pure and free of potentially harmful levels of heavy metals, dioxins, PCBs and any other unwanted contaminant.
· contains powerful anti-inflammatory properties
· assists with healthy cholesterol levels
· promotes healthy immune function