In a little over a month, summer as we know it will be over. The days are shorter; kids are back in school, and life gets a little busier. The colder weather makes it easier to stay in, and binge-watch our favorite shows on the couch, but this is not a time to neglect our bodies. How do we stay healthy when swimsuit season is over?
1. Remain Active. You may put outside runs on hold for a while, but this is no excuse to sit around. Yard work, gym memberships, and in-home YouTube workouts are ways to stay active during the fall/winter seasons.
2. Protect your body. Cold months are all about layers. Scarves, gloves, boots, thick socks, and winter coats will protect you from dropping temperatures.
3. Vitamin D. The sun is a natural source of Vitamin D. As the temperatures change, we spend more time inside and less time outdoors. Vitamin D supplements are a great way to increase your intake and boost your immune systems.
4. Immune System Boost. In addition to Vitamin D supplements, washing your hands, drinking water, and eating healthier are great ways to boost your immune system and decrease your chances of colds and other illnesses.
5. Self-care. Schedule time in your day to treat yourself. Whether it is a trip to the spa or a Netflix binge season, you deserve to be happy and healthy.
6. Take Care of Your Skin. Temperature changes can have harsh effects on your skin. Make sure you moisturize and continue to wear your sunscreen.
7. Superfoods. Take advantage of seasonal superfoods that are filled with vitamins, fibers, and other healthy essentials. For the fall/winter seasons, consider beets, brussels sprouts, pumpkins, sweet potatoes, broccoli, eggplants, kale and more.
8. Flu Shots. Flu season is typically from October to May. To lessen your chances of coughing, sneezing and bed-stricken winters go to your local pharmacy and ask for a flu-shot.
9. Declutter. Decluttering is excellent for mental health. Pack your summer clothes and rid your home and workplace of things that serve you no purpose.
10. Dance. Dancing is a fun way to work out and give your mood a boost. Take 15 minutes out of your day and get your groove on.
Nature’s Edge has all the essentials you ensure you have a healthy fall and winter. Our vitamin-packed supplements, herbal formulas and essential minerals will boost your immune system and nourish you inside and out.