What comes to mind when you think of MAGNESIUM?
I tend to think of science. Whether it is biology or astronomy or chemistry, a mental image of the periodic table tends to come to mind. Magnesium actually has many uses and is naturally abundant in humans and in the world around us. Without magnesium, life could not exist. The all-important photosynthesis process would not occur, and the many enzymes in the body would not work. So you can imagine how deficiency of this magnificent mineral affects the body!
Signs of Potential Magnesium Deficiency:
- Muscle cramps, spasms and weakness
- Loss of appetitie
- Apathy and confusion
- Memory problems
- Rapid heartbeat and other heart problems
- Decreased insulin-resistance
The list goes on!
So how does magnesium help the body?
- Improves overall metabolic profile
- Aids healthy blood sugar metabolism
- Supports lowering blood pressure
- Replenishes magnesium that is depleted by diabetic medications
- Helps promote bone health and may have beneficial effects on heart health
- An important mineral required for normal nerve and muscle function
Not too shabby! So how do you make sure you supply your body with enough of this awesome mineral to keep it feeling good?
Diet always plays a role in how we feel. Food is fuel, and fuel makes you go, right? Those leafy greens that so many love (or love to hate…kale, yeah!) are a great source of magnesium. If you aren’t into green juice and kale salad, whole grains and certain fruits, nuts, seeds, legumes, veggies and fish also make the list of high magnesium suppliers. Also, even one square of dark chocolate contains a notable amount of magnesium (you’re welcome)!