It is a large branching tree native to India and the Middle East and North Africa. The trunk is tapped for resin, which is purified and then used in herbal preparations (its resin is frankincense, but there are 16 types and serrata is the one known for anti-inflammatory properties). It has been most studied for use with osteoarthritis and has had resounding results with study participants experiencing less pain and improved physical function. This supplement is currently undergoing testing in cancer prevention and suppression as well as in type-1 diabetes, and so far it has shown exceedingly positive results, as it has significantly suppressed several carcinogenic biomarkers and inflammation markers.
How does Boswellia help the body?
- Acts as powerful inflammation inhibitors
- Curbs joint pain caused by arthritis and osteoarthritis
- Supports healthy immune function
- Interferes with autoimmune disease development
- Acts as a natural anti-viral
Why Nature's Edge® boswellia?
- Made with BosPure®, a superior form of boswellia
- BosPure® has been clinically studied in conjunction with BCM95® (used in curcu-gel®) as a safer alternative for chronic joint issues
- BosPure® contains the highest content of Boswellic Acids (75%)
- Standardized to contain 10% AKBA (Acetyl-11-Keto Boswellic Acid) while most others contain 1-2%