citramag® [trimagnesium citrate]
Magnesium is a mineral that's crucial to the body's function. Magnesium is the fourth most abundant mineral in the human body. It plays several important roles in the health of your body and brain. Magnesium helps keep blood pressure normal, bones strong, and the heart rhythm steady. A deficiency of magnesium is frequently seen in patients with diabetes, and magnesium supplementation can help them. We know magnesium is a mineral that the body needs in abundant quantities; one of its many functions specific to diabetics is that it aids in the transport of glucose across the cell membrane, thereby helping to reduce insulin resistance. It is also an integral part of the insulin secretion and binding processes. CitraMag™ - trimagnesium citrate - is absorbed quickly by cells and has been found to be the best absorbed magnesium studied.
How does Magnesium help the body?
- Improves overall metabolic profile
- Has a beneficial effect on insulin resistance
- Helps promote healthy insulin production
- Replenishes magnesium that is depleted by diabetic medications
- Supports lowering blood pressure and assists in fighting inflammation