nac [n-acetyl cysteine]
NAC is a slightly modified version of the sulfur-containing amino acid cysteine. When taken internally, NAC replenishes intracellular levels of the natural antioxidant glutathione, helping to restore cells' ability to fight damage from free radicals.
How does NAC help the body?
- Helps prevent free radical damage
- Increases glutathione, a key antioxidant in the body
- Recognized for its detoxifying capabilities in the liver
- Supports respiratory health
- Maintains cellular health