nac [n-acetyl cysteine]
N-acetyl cysteine comes from the amino acid L-cysteine. Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins. N-acetyl cysteine has many uses as medicine.
How does NAC help the body?
- Free radical protection; a powerful antioxident
- Replenishes glutathione (the body's principal antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals and detoxifies harmful substances)which is often deficient with age and in chronic illness
- Improves insulin sensitivity
- Helps support cellular health and liver function
- Protects and supports a healthy respiratory and immune system
- Delays muscle fatigue and accelerates muscle growth