Plant sterols and plant stanols, known commonly as phytosterols, are plant-derived compounds that are structurally related to cholesterol and may be able to limit the amount of cholesterol that is able to enter the body. Phytosterols interfere with the intestinal absorption of dietary cholesterol and therefore may help lower LDL cholesterol levels by blocking its absorption. Our phytosterol+ contains beta-sitosterol, one of many phytosterols that has a structure like the cholesterol produced in the body but also contains Vitamin B6, B12 and Folic Acid (B9). B-vitamin therapy – with folic acid, vitamin B6, and vitamin B12 have been shown to lower the blood levels of homocysteine. Homocysteine is an amino acid made from a common dietary amino acid, methionine, that inflicts damage to the inner arterial lining (endothelium) and contributes to many diseases, including cardiovascular disease.
*Vitamins B6, B12 and Folic Acid have been shown to lower homocysteine blood levels which assists in lowering the risk of heart disease.
Why Nature's Edge® phytosterols+?
- Contains naturally occurring compounds found in plants
- Structurally similar to the body's cholesterol, so acts in the intestine to lower cholesterol absorption
- Supports in lowering blood cholesterol levels
- Promotess cardiovascular health
- Plus + B vitamin therapy - B6, B12 and Folic Acid*